Wednesday, August 20, 2014

BEATITUDES FOR FRIENDS OF THE AGED

I came across this beautiful writing the other day and thought I would share it.  As I get older this makes more and more sense to me and something for all of us to remember.
I plan to copy it and put it on my refrigerator.  Loving and Respecting the people that have made us who we are by giving to us their time and love over a life time.



My Mom 83 years old

My mother-in-love 86 years old

Beatitudes for Friends of the Aged
Blessed are they who understand

My faltering step and palsied hand.
Blessed are they who know that my ears today
Must strain to hear the things they say.
Blessed are they who seem to know
That my eyes are dim and wits are slow.
Blessed are they who look away
When coffee spilled at the table today.
Blessed are they with a cheery smile
Who stop to chat for a little while.
Blessed are they who never say
“You’ve told that story twice today.”
Blessed are they who know the ways
To bring back memories of yesterday.
Blessed are they who make it known
That I’m loved, respected, and not alone.
Blessed are they who know I’m at a loss
To find the strength to carry the cross.
Blessed are they who ease the way
On my journey Home in loving ways.


~ Author unknown

No comments: